- Venue: Bayview Eden
- Location: Melbourne View Map
- Start Date: May 10, 2018
- End Date: May 12, 2018
- CME Accredited: Yes
- Places Available: 200
- Click Here to Visit Website...
I extend you a warm invitation to ISFRI 2018, the combined 7th annual meeting of the International Society for Forensic Radiology and Imaging and the 13th annual meeting of the International Association of Forensic Radiographers in Melbourne, Australia from May 10th – 12th 2018. ISFRI 2018 will be the first combined meeting of our societies to be held outside Europe.
The Asia-Pacific region, of which Australia is a prominent member, contains many countries that are increasingly exploring the application of modern imaging techniques in medico-legal death investigation. The conference will be hosted by the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine (VIFM) and Monash University. VIFM is Australia’s most comprehensive forensic medical centre. It provides independent forensic medical and scientific expertise to the state justice system, tissue for transplantation and undertakes teaching and research in the areas of medico-legal death investigation and clinical forensic medicine. In addition, through the Monash University Prevention Research Unit, it conducts public health-focused injury research. The VIFM has extensive experience in the use of post-mortem cross-sectional imaging over many years, having installed one of the world's first mortuary-based CT scanners. PMCT is now fully integrated into the work of medico-legal death investigation in our state and is specifically referenced in our coronial legislation.
The theme of integration will be central to the meeting with plenary lectures and invited guests highlighting the pathological, legal, investigational and societal integration of forensic imaging. Regional utilization of these imaging techniques in the Asia-Pacific will also be highlighted in presentations by pathologists and radiologists from representative countries. Melbourne is Australia’s second largest city and without doubt the country’s cultural, sports, food and arts capital. It is serviced by an International airport that is 30 – 60 minutes from town by cab or bus and downtown is easily walkable or accessed by trams. The venue for all lectures will be the Bayview Eden Hotel, close to the centre of Melbourne. It is situated just off the main boulevard leading into the city centre and is close to many tourist attractions and the Albert Park lake, site of Melbourne's annual F1 Grand Prix. You will enjoy the unique and diverse culture, climate, geography and history of this country.
The meeting will be a healthy mix of scientific endeavour, intellectual discourse, good food and wine, and ultimately a relaxed venue for interaction with all your friends and colleagues in the world of forensic imaging.
I look forward to meeting you there. Dr. Chris O’Donnell
If you would like to register for this conference, or obtain further information or a letter of invitation to this conference, please follow the links above. TheConferenceWebsite service does not accept bookings for conferences, travel arrangements, housing or accommodation. Please follow the links above for the relevant conference information.Join TheConferenceWebsite here for more Conferences in your Medical Specialty
Other conferences you may be interested in...
- Arab Health’s 18th Imaging and Diagnostics Conference 2018
- Leipzig Interventional Course 2018
- Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Society Annual Winter Meeting 2018
- CMR 2018 - The joint European Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance/ Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Meeting 2018
- 30th Annual International Symposium On Endovascular Therapy 2018
- Symposium on Clinical Interventional Oncology 2018
- ISMRM Workshop on MRI of the Placenta 2018
- Radiology for the Non-Radiologist 2018
- Stoller: A Comprehensive Tutorial in Musculoskeletal Imaging in Hawaii 2018
- 20th Bristish Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology Annual Meeting 2018
- British Body MRI 2018
- American Society Of Spine Radiology Annual Symposium 2018
- ESGAR Pancreas Workshop 2018
- Breast Imaging Symposium 2018
- Atlas & Som: A Case Oriented Tutorial in Neuroradiology & Head and Neck Imaging 2018