- Venue: Orthopaedic Institute
- Location: Oswestry View Map
- Start Date: May 15, 2018
- End Date: May 15, 2018
- CME Accredited: Yes
- Click Here to Visit Website...
This course will review the imaging of orthopaedic implants. It will address when, why and how to image and will review specific implant and implantation related problems in the most commonly treated joints / body areas. The lectures will be given by radiologists and orthopaedic surgeons. Tutorials will consolidate the contents of the lectures by discussing specific cases in depth. During the entire course a particular emphasis will be on discussion of the complex field occupying the borderlands of radiology and orthopaedics.
Target Audience: Orthopaedic and Radiology Registrars; Radiographers; Consultants in Radiology and Orthopaedics; Allied Health Professions with an interest in orthopaedic implant imaging
Topics covered include • Imaging techniques and their role in orthopaedic imaging in particular image optimisation especially for CT and MRI.
• Nuclear Medicine and its role in orthopaedic imaging especially in infection.
• Imaging strategies and findings for common implant pathologies especially infection and, sterile loosening and their differential diagnosis.
• Implant technology has led to a bewildering number of materials and designs. The reasons for this will be explored and strengths and particularly weaknesses and typical complications will be demonstrated by an engineer and orthopaedic surgeon.
• The typical problems and complications of orthopaedic implants in the most relevant areas will be reviewed by a team of an orthopaedic surgeon specialised in this area and a radiologist. • Implant related problems especially soft tissue problems such as bursitis, nerve injury and muscle and tendon problems.
If you would like to register for this conference, or obtain further information or a letter of invitation to this conference, please follow the links above. TheConferenceWebsite service does not accept bookings for conferences, travel arrangements, housing or accommodation. Please follow the links above for the relevant conference information.Join TheConferenceWebsite here for more Conferences in your Medical Specialty