- Venue: JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort and Spa
- Location: Palm Desert View Map
- Start Date: February 13, 2017
- End Date: February 15, 2017
- Click Here to Visit Website...
This course will serve as a review and update on the most recent advances in the management of palliative medicine clinical scenarios that face internists, family practitioners, hospitalists, palliative medicine providers, hospice team members, oncologists and other subspecialists in their daily practices. The course is intended to provide an intensive, practical review with an emphasis on evidence-based approaches to everyday problems that span the realm of palliative medicine and hospice. A didactic format will include the use of an interactive keypad system, case-based presentations and question and answer panel discussions. Workshops are available for more intensive, interactive learning opportunities.
The course is targeted primarily towards clinicians who work with patients with serious and life-threatening illnesses. This includes specialists without any formal training in communications skills, advance symptom management or other palliative care skills training. Targeted clinician specialties (MD, NP, PA-C) include clinicians from general internal medicine, family medicine, hospital medicine, oncology, critical care, geriatrics, nephrology and cardiology. Clinicians with formal palliative medicine training and the need to update their skills with formal CME offerings will benefit by attending this course.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Develop an approach for managing pain in patients with a terminal illness including a toolbox for alternate routes of administration, when to recognize aberrant opioid use behaviors and how to collaborate with Pain clinicians in the care of these patients.
- Formulate a strategy for communicating with patients and families with a serious illness about their overall goals of care.
- Identify barriers/pitfalls/conflicts to communicating with patients and families with serious illness and conclude how to overcome them.
- Develop a framework for assessing patient prognosis and how to apply to patients with medical frailty.
- Identify practical tools for managing debilitating symptoms for patients at the end of life.
If you would like to register for this conference, or obtain further information or a letter of invitation to this conference, please follow the View Conference Website link above.Join TheConferenceWebsite here for more Conferences in your Medical Specialty
Other conferences you may be interested in...
- Indian Association of Palliative Care 24th International Conference 2017
- American Academy Of Hospice And Palliative Medicine & Hospice And Palliative Nurses Association Annual Assembly 2017
- Association for Death Education and Counselling 39th Annual Conference 2017
- European Association For Palliative Care 15th World Congress 2017
- MASCC / International Symposium on Supportive Care in Cancer 2017
- 12th Asia Pacific Hospice Conference 2017