- Venue: Berjaya Times Square Convention Centre
- Location: Kuala Lumpur View Map
- Start Date: September 25, 2013
- End Date: September 28, 2013
- CME Accredited: Yes
- Click Here to Visit Website...
The 13th Asian Federation of Sports Medicine Congress in Malaysia will be a premier event in the field of Sports Medicine and Sports Science in Asia .
Malaysia is an ideal destination to host the 13th Asian Federation of Sports Medicine Congress because of its strategic location in Asia and Kuala Lumpur is accessible by so many of the major airlines and budget airlines. Halal food is served everywhere including the conference hotel which means that all delegates from Islamic countries will have no issues with food. Vegetarian food will also be available for the vegans.
The National Institute of Sports of Malaysia and several Malaysian Universities have Faculties of Sports Science and in the forefront of considerable original research with the assistance of top faculty from abroad. The University of Malaya runs a 4 year specialist programme in Sports Medicine for doctors. As a fast emerging nation in the application of medicine, science and technology in sport Malaysian institutions, some supported by the Ministry of Youth and Sports are involved in the full time practice of all these disciplines.The National Sports Institute and Institutions of Higher Learning employ a systematic approach that integrates all the various facets and disciplines utilising leading edge systems, processes and devices to remain at the forefront in producing exceptional athletes who are spearheading Malaysia’s challenge throughout the world .
The National Sports Institute and agencies in Sports Medicine and Sports Science in Malaysia including MASM always strive to continuously improve on the delivery of tis medical and scientific services through a comprehensive ,well –coordinated and integrated effort to meet the needs and requirements of the nations athletes. These core functions are complemented and supplemented by a host of activities in other key areas which cover research and innovation, education, talent identification and development and standards in sport . The advancement of Malaysian sports is also given priority in the ongoing governmental Economic Transformation Programme.
The 13th Asian Federation of Sports Medicine Congress from September 25th to 28th 2013 in Kuala Lumpur aims to bring the best researchers and speakers from Asia to Kuala Lumpur to present comprehensive keynote, plenary , free papers and traditional and electronic posters . The aim is that all keynote and plenary presenters will be asked to prepare a full review paper for their keynote talks and any AFSM affliated country member can put in a paper for consideration to be a plenary paper to be presented to the whole congress and not just the traditional excellent oral and e- posters. Presidents of National Associations should encourage members who are known to deliver excellent talks in English in National Meetings to send their paper to be considered as Plenary speakers .
We also hope to hold at least 8 pre – congress workshops on the 25th of September covering a range of topics like Doping Course, Taping etc .
There will be several booths available for sponsors to display their products and services during the congress. We are expecting at least 800 delegates, about half from Malaysia and the rest from Asian members of the Asian Federation of Sports Medicine member countries
Accredited by Malaysian Medical Council for Pre - Congress Course : 3 CME points
3 day Conference : 10 CME points
Topics to be covered during the 3 days of symposium with at least 4 breakout rooms include
Sports for all
Talent identification in Sports
Sports Performance Analysis
Sports Nutrition, Diet and Exercise
Conditioning for Sports and Exercise
Injury Prevention in Sports
Rehabilitation for Sport
The faculty will be world class and many are long term friends of the National Institute of Sports and our higher institutions of learning in Malaysia . Malaysian Professors and staff are also at the forefront of research and our own Organising Chairman Prof Dr John George who was instrumental for the development of the application of the use of MRI in age estimation for U 17 World Cup competitions such as FIFA F-Marc.
If you would like to register for this conference, or obtain further information or a letter of invitation to this conference, please follow the View Conference Website link above.Join TheConferenceWebsite here for more Conferences in your Medical Specialty
Download Our App
Other conferences you may be interested in...
- 16th ESSKA Congress 2014
- Practical Upper Limb Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Workshop I
- Advanced Arthroscopic Knee 2014
- 29th Annual Advances on the Knee, Shoulder and Sports Medicine Conference 2014
- American College Of Sports Medicine's 61st Annual Meeting 2014
- Musculoskeletal & Sports Medicine Intervention Symposium 2014
- 33rd FIMS World Congress of Sports Medicine and Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine International Conference 2014
- German-Austrian-Swiss Society For Orthopedic And Trauma Sports Medicine 29th Annual Congress 2014
- The Science of Cycling - Injury Prevention 2014
- European College of Sport Science 19th Annual Congress 2014
- International Cartilage Repair Society Focus Meeting- Knee 2014
- American Orthopaedic Society For Sports Medicine Annual Meeting 2014
- Japanese Orthopaedic Society Of Knee, Arthroscopy And Sports Medicine 6th Annual Meeting 2014
- Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine Annual Scientific Conference 2014
- 45th German Sports Medicine Congress 2014
- 7th International Mountain And Outdoor Sports Conference 2014
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine 10th Biennial Congress 2015